BIOTECON foodproof® Animal Identification kits
Traceability and the identification of animal species has become an important issue for consumers and retailers that service consumer needs. Animal species detection protects product purity. It also controls against fraud through the verification of the animal species used in meat products.
The Biotecon foodproof® SL animal identification kits provide increased precision in differentiating closely related species, as well as identifying intentional and accidental adulterants and contaminants. They enable identification and differentiation by real-time PCR of swine, cattle, sheep, horse, donkey, chicken and goat in food, such as raw and heated meat, animal feed and animal products.
- Fast results – 3 hours, with < 60 minutes hands-on time
- Easy to use – Convenient real-time PCR kit including reagents and control
- Specific – Internal control prevents false negatives
- Specific - Uracil-N-Glycosylase prevents carry over contamination
- Fully licensed technology
- Multiple matrices tested including food, feed and environmental samples
- Optimised, easy to use sample preparation kits